- Sow the seeds in lines with a spacing of 22 cm and seed rates of 100 Kg/ha and 150 Kg/ha for timely and late planted sitautions
- For weed management spray Vesta @ 400g/ha or Chlodinafop @ 400g/ha, followed by 2, 4- D @ 1.25 kg/ha after 2-3 days of Clodinofop spray as weeds cause significant economic losses to wheat crops
Sow the Lentil cultivars Vipasha and Markandey between the end of October and middle of Nobember
Brown sarson and Gobhi Sarson–
- Brown and Gobhi Sarson cultivars KBS 3, HPBS 1 and HPN 3, ONK 1, GSC 7 are recommended, respectively.
- Seed rate should be 6 kg per hectare with sowing spacing of 30 cm line to line and 10 cm plant to plant.
- To manage the weed, two hand weeding between 40 and 70 days after sowing are required
- To manage the most common pest with this crop i.e. aphid, spray 1ml/L of water with methyl Demeton 25 EC or dimethoate 30 EC
Onion and Garlic-
- Sow the onion varities by mid October- mid November
- GHC-1, Agrifound Parvati, Large Segmented, and Solan Selection garlic cultivars are recommended.
- To increase storage life harvest the onions by last week of May
Stone Fruits (Peach, Apricot, Plum)-
- Spray appropriate Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash
- Apply half of nitrogen dose (500 gm per tree) 2-3 weeks before flowering, and apply the remaining dose (500 gm per tree) one month later
- Apply methyl-demeton or dimethoate (1ml/L) at the pink bud stage to control aphid-caused leaf curl.
- After scarifying the gum lesion during dormancy, use Mashobra paste.
- To prevent crawling of mealy bug nymphs/ adults apply sticky bands to the tree trunk
- To control mango malformation, remove infected braches, leaves, and inflorescence and spray with potassium metabisulhite (120 gm/200 L water) in October and January.
- Maintain hygiene in sheds to keep animals free from ectoparasites
- Vaccinate your animals against diseases like foot and mouth, hemorrhagic septicemia, and black quarter. The Department of Animal Health and Breeding provides free vaccinations at regular intervals.
- To avoid mastitis, wash your hands and clean the udder of the animal with an antiseptic solution before milking.
- Feed a mineral mixture to dairy animals at a rate of 50 grammes per animal per day to help them develop strong immune, increase milk production, and maintain reproductive health.
- Add Urea Molasses Mineral Blocks to the feed of dairy cows. These building blocks provide a low-cost supply of energy, protein, and minerals.